I am a born again christian. Thats really all that needs to be said, because when something is placed centrally in our lives, it becomes our life. God is my life and my Life is His. What I write here are the thoughts I have and revelations I find that I feel the whole world should hear about. The things I want to shout from the rooftops. This is my rooftop.

Wednesday 20 February 2008

Freedom - The Power of Words

I've been thinking lots recently about Freedom and how christian living shoud be about the Freedom that Jesus has won for us. It's this Freedom that I want to shout about! There is Power in Freedom and so I want to spend some time looking at the things that set us free and the things that take us captive. I really hope and pray that you catch onto this freedom as you read.

I want to start this little series on Freedom by looking at perhaps one if the most binding and/or freeing part of our lives. Our words.

That words have power is obvious to anyone who has spent anytime around another human being. School playgrounds are evidence enough but so too are our families and workplaces our Governments and particularly our Churches. The Power of God's Word created every facet of the universe, and the Power of our own words will create our own influence, our world view and form the basis of every relationship we do or don't have.

Words can change impossible situations. Abraham was faced with such a situation when God gave him His promise. Yet he chose to believe God not just in his heart but in his speech. Faith without action is dead and what are words if they are not the most affirming and powerful of actions we can take? All the Heroes of Faith in Hebrews 11 backed up their faith-filled hearts with faith-filled words.

Churches often tell us to watch our words so that we don't become negative. I've often heard it said that it doesn't really matter what we say as long we don't hurt anyone or say anything negative. This type of redundant positivity is so damaging. We need to spend our energies actually being positive instead of trying not to be negative, then we can be purposefully positive rather than redundantly positive. This is Freedom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.