I am a born again christian. Thats really all that needs to be said, because when something is placed centrally in our lives, it becomes our life. God is my life and my Life is His. What I write here are the thoughts I have and revelations I find that I feel the whole world should hear about. The things I want to shout from the rooftops. This is my rooftop.

Saturday 23 February 2008

Freedom - The Power of Revelation

I've been talking about Freedom and trying to highlight how Living for God is supposed to be full of Freedom not entrapment. In Christ I am captive only to His Love and Grace over me and to nothing else. I've tried to show how we can start to walk in this Freedom, and some of the keys the Holy Spirit hands us to start to unlock more of it. I want to talk here about one of the most powerful keys we have. That is the Power of Revelation


We all have those 'Light Bulb moments', the Dropping of the long missed Penny, and it always amazes me just how powerful a feeling it is when suddenly we understand something for the first time. Joy rises as clarity emerges.


After His resurrection Jesus was walking with two of his followers on the road to Emmaus but He hid Himself from them whilst explaining to them everything in the Scriptures that related to Himself. He was able to show them how all creation had been leading up to the moment of the cross, how this wasn't the end of hope, but just the beginning. Yet why does He hide himself from them? It's because they needed to Jesus in the scriptures before they saw Jesus in the flesh.


It wasn't the presence of Jesus that got their hearts burning (Luke 24:32). They had no idea who they were walking with. Their hearts were burning simply because of the powerful revelations they were experiencing, long before Jesus revealed His face. Before any of the disciples could act out the next stage of Gods masterplan on Earth and build his Church they needed revelation and understanding of the purpose of everything they had seen whilst Jesus had been with them. Revelation opens doors for us, it gives us hope and a future, it brings clarity and direction.

No comments: